Things I learnt in last 5 years

My five and a half years in US were interesting. I had great time at Lucent and UTStarcom. I have learnt a lot during this time. It was technically and professionally a learning experience. I got the opportunity to work on some interesting technologies and products. I got a new perspective on working in a multi-cultural environment. I got an opportunity to work in a professional environment and got better insight into good and bad management.

I saw a western democracy at work and it gave me a new respect for Indian democracy. I learnt what is western definition of freedom is. I learnt how free, free media is. I learnt how fair, free and fair elections are. I learnt politicians are same everywhere, vote bank politics is same everywhere. I learnt corruption is everywhere, even if it's more refined in developed countries. I also learnt that being politically correct is more important then being correct. I learnt that in all parts of world patriotism is blind, deaf and dumb (but it makes lot of noise). I learnt that evolution is just a theory and we might have been designed by some unknown intelligent being (may be aliens :-) ). I learnt that consumerism is not that bad a word after all. I learnt how lawyers can make a society afraid of its shadow. And I learnt that India is more secular than I thought it is.

Overall it was a great experience which I wouldn't trade for anything.

1 Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

Recommended for you