Weighty matters!

Since returning to India, I am not doing any physical activity. Moreover my mom is trying to make me eat desi ghee, fried stuff and all kinds of sweets. I have been trying to tell her that I used to get everything in US, but she still keeps on insisting that I was missing all this for so many years.

I thought that I have started putting on some weight. Now all my suspicion's got confirmed when couple of days back I met Suvrat. Suvrat is a friend from NJ and he is visiting India right now. The first thing he said on seeing me (even before the usual greetings) was that I looked 'healthy'. I have to admire his restraint in not calling me fat to my face :-)

Those who know me well will tell you that I can spend hours sitting in front of TV or computer. Now after coming back to India I haven't been watching TV, but have rediscovered one of my old habits. I spend hours going through newspapers. I have missed this in US. Most of the days I am either reading newspaper or surfing the net. So I have been just sitting and not doing anything else.

These have been the most laid back vacations I had since I started working. But looks like that now I have to get back to some routine. I have to start doing some physical activity otherwise next time somebody will not show enough restraint and will straight away call me fat. I am not saying I will start going to gym, there is still some more time in doing that. But now I should at least start walking around and doing some physical activities and stop surfing (even I am finding it hard to believe that I am writing this :-) )

2 Comments

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

Recommended for you