A tale of two cities

While still planning to move back to India, I was exploring the job situation in different cities. At that time what I found was that jobs might be in Bangalore but the city infrastructure is crumbling. After coming back, I have been to Bangalore a few times. And every time I found that traffic is bad and roads are narrow. The problem is not that Bangalore infrastructure is bad, bigger problem is that you don't see government trying to improve the situation. Couple it with the fact that current CM's father himself is making statements against software industry.

I got a chance to go to Hyderabad also. There I found that things are improving, government trying to improve the infrastructure. Hyderabad. I saw roads being widened, flyovers being constructed. People told me that roads are being widened at a fast pace, even temples and mosques are being moved if they are in the way. Chandrababu Naidu did a great job in promoting the city and improving the infrastructure. The good news is that the congress government is keeping up the pace. It might be the fear of failing the comparison with Naidu that is keeping the government on its toe.

I talked to people both in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Bangloreans (is that the right word?) were generally negative about the city. On the other hand people in Hyderabad were excited about the changes happening in the city.

I would be the first one to agree that I have seen only small parts of both cities, but if this is the sign of things in these cities, it leaves me disappointed with Bangalore. This has made me understand why companies are preferring Hyderabad over Bangalore for new investment. I believe if Karnataka government wants to keep Bangalore as premier technology destination in India, it needs to pull up its sock and should get down to improving the city infrastructure and image.

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post

Recommended for you